66 results found

1. 162 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Hello everyone who voted for this feature request,

This is now by far the most requested feature for Maps Pro and I am glad to announce that it is available now!
    The update (version 120) has been accepted in the Windows Store and should be available to everyone

To enable map rotation you will need to tap a second time on the button in the bottom-right corner that locks on your position.
    So one press = lock on your position, second press = lock on your position + rotation.
    Another press (or move the map) and the maps can be moved freely.

If you experience any issues with this new feature, please email tickets@mapspro.uservoice.com

Thanks again for your patience and your feedback!
    Fabien

2. Offline search for streets

Being able to search for a street, even when offline.

[Received via email]

69 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone and thanks again for voting for this suggestion and contributing to Maps Pro,

Offline mode is finally complete. The most requested feature on the feedback website is now available in Maps Pro.

After 4 months of development, Maps Pro now uses the latest technologies to display vector maps while being offline. Because you can now download the data for a country, you will be able to search for a street, display Points Of Interest and get directions with text-to-speech and re-routing while being offline

To provide the best service, this new feature comes at an additional cost. Each pack of country is only 10$ with the launch offer, 50% off! For instance the “North America – United States” pack will allow you to download all the USA states, with unlimited lifetime updates which means you can always have the latest road data!

For more information, please check out…

3. Save routing as favorite for offline usage

Add the hability to save directions in your list of favorite so that it can be used when offline

[Received via email]

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello and thanks everyone for voting for this suggestion which is now in the top 3 for Maps Pro!

In the last few months, there has been some big improvements in offline Maps Pro features, including:
    “Download map for offline use around a route” (http://mapspro.uservoice.com/forums/251570-general/suggestions/5905632-download-map-for-offline-use-around-a-route)
    and “Offline search for streets” (http://mapspro.uservoice.com/forums/251570-general/suggestions/5905604-offline-search-for-streets) which allows downloading offline data, searching for streets but also getting directions while offline.

With these improvements, I believe it changes a little bit this suggestion.
    In the next version, you will instead have the hability to save directions (either calculated by Google Maps or by offline routing) as a GPX file that of course can be opened with Maps Pro at any time, wether you are offline or online
    The GPX file format is limited and you can only have tracks and waypoints but it should be good enough.

Here are some screenshots of…

4. Allow for Yellow Ballon points to be changed to different colors.

Allow for the yellow Balloon points to be changed to different colors.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

This feature has been completed. You can now change each favorite’s icon or change in bulk via the My favorites page.
    See our documentation for more explanations:
    https://mapspro.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1131406

Version 126 of Maps Pro is awaiting certification from Microsoft and should be available in less than 24 hours.

Again, thanks for voting for this suggestion and making Maps Pro better and better!
    Fabien

5. Download map for offline use around a route

Currently, Maps Pro offers the habilty to download a map by navigating to a location and extracting what is currently visible on the screen.
    When hiking, it would make more sense to be able to download maps around a route. The way it is done now, a lot of unused map images are downloaded when it would be better to extract a smaller area, on more zoom levels.

It would be even better if the route could be traced manually, because some outdoor journeys cannot be traced properly by Google Maps.

[Received via email]

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Pushpins -

Pushpins - Add a whole selection of pushpins like those in Streets and trips. And the ability to import custom symbols for pushpins. I currently use this to categorize business contacts, etc

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello and thanks for voting for this suggestion.

This feature has been completed. You can now change each favorite’s icon or change in bulk via the My favorites page.
    See our documentation for more explanations:
    https://mapspro.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1131406

Version 126 of Maps Pro is awaiting certification from Microsoft and should be available in less than 24 hours.

Again, thanks for voting for this suggestion and making Maps Pro better and better!
    Fabien

7. Allow 'Follow my position' while navigation is active

Keep the chosen zoom level, highlight the next waypoint but keep the focus on the current position.

At the moment it is not even possible to use 'follow my position' while the navigation is active as this option seems to be simply ignored.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Use OpenStreetMaps for Points of Interest instead of Google Places

Google data is terribly inaccurate. I only want OSM.

[Received via email]

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. Add vias to a directions request

I miss an option to edit a route from a to b, or an option to define a route from a to b via c.

You see; at my way to Work there are 2 possible routes which is almost the same length, but the shortest route is also the route with a lot of tractors on, which make it the route which take the longest time.

If I could the program that it have to go via a city on the other route, the problem will be solved!

[Received via email]

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Intelligent waypoint switching

The switch to the next waypoint comes often too late.

For example when you're driving on a highway and should take the next exit.

The app will switch to the certain waypoint just in the moment when you're passing it.

I would suggest you that choose the waypoints depending on the speed and distance till reaching it.

A minimalistic routing pane would also be nice, just the direction arrows of the next 2 waypoints and the distance till reaching them.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hello and thanks for voting for this Maps Pro feature suggestion,

The routing informations have been completely reviewed and now shows the remaining distance until the last turn (with repetitions, as in "in 500m, in 200m, in 50m, etc.)

Hope you like it!
    Fabien

11. Display ETA / distance when routing

Maps Pro currently shows the distance remaining to the next intersection but does not display en Estimated Time of Arrival or the distance left.

[Received via email]

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Organize Favorites in Folders o Directories/Search for favorites

It would be great if we are able to organize favorites in folders or directories and such, instead of having a very long list when looking for directions (e.g Folder "Friends' houses" and have each favorite in that one. Also, if it is posible to just type the name of the favorite place in the typing box for directions, instead of searching one by one...

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone and thanks for leaving this suggestion,

In the upcoming version of Maps Pro (v105), Favorites can now be organized in folders, with the hability to show/hide favorites and export them as GPX

Thanks for your feedback!
    Fabien

13. Add the ability to clear a blue pin from the map

Sometimes I place a blue location pin by accident and can't remove it. This can be distracting while driving and looking at the map. Tapping/clicking on the pin pops up the small menu with four buttons. One option would be to tap/click the pin a second time to clear it from the map. Another option would be to show the "Clear Map" button on the left side of the app menu during this situation. You would want to add the first or both options, because you could have a situation where you want to clear the blue pin and not…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Georeferenced PDFs

Ability to import a Georeferenced PDF and have your lication shown on it at all times.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closing this suggestion as completed as Maps Pro is now able to display USGS data which was the main use of Georeferenced PDFs.
    Here is how to display USGS data within Maps Pro for Windows 8:
    https://mapspro.uservoice.com/forums/251570-general/suggestions/7028734-us-gov-topo-files
    USGS topo maps are now available in Maps Pro. In “Map Styles”, try ESRI topo or one of the CalTopo. The correspond to the USGS data.”

Thanks for your feedback!
    Fabien

15. Enable to Search by Latitude & Longitude

Search using coordinates (Latitude & Longitude) for more accuracy

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello and thanks for that idea,

From version 49 (should be published in less than a week), you can search by coordinates, “48.86,2.35” or “48.86 2.35” for Paris for instance
    If the coordinates are valid latitude/longitudes, Maps Pro will add a marker and center on that location

Fabien

16. Font size

Please make the font size of names on the map configurable to make it easier to read the map while driving.+ and - buttons like the zoom buttons would be nice.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Choosing Maps Pro as default maps app

You can't choose Maps Pro as default app for maps and addresses in Windows settings (PC Settings -> Search and apps -> Default apps). Why not?

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →
  18. Automatic map Zoom and Repeat routing Instructions

Include an automatic zoom option. When selected, it zooms map based on detected speed. Include an option for automatically timed repeats of turn by turn voice routing instructions also based on detected speed.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hello and thanks for sharing this suggestion,

Automatically timed repeats of turn by turn voice routing instructions have been added to the next update of Maps Pro (Version 109), it should be available in the next few days

Thanks again for your feedback!
    Fabien

19. Keep External Bluetooth GPS connected

When the external Bluetooth GPS is connected/tracking my location, and I minimize Maps Pro or switch to another app, when I come back to Maps Pro it is no longer tracking and I must reconnect.

Additionally, it would be great if the app could connect to external GPS when I start it up.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Don't place a blue pin when double clicking/tapping

I often double click to zoom in on the map, but in addition to zooming in there is a blue pin marking the location when it is not needed.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Done in version 57 (to be published).

When you click / tap on the map, you now have a nice ripple animation and the marker comes with a bounce animation. The blue marker is not added/moved anymore with double clicking/tapping

Fabien

← Previous 1 3 4

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base