1. usb gps capability

Just like Streets and Trips. USB Dongle GPS

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. How can I tell what version of Maps Pro I am using?

ALL window apps have their version number in the About display...except Maps Pro...it needs to be there...really.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hello,

The current version is displayed in Help > What’s new, with the list of the changes for that version.
    But I see your point (comment), so I also added it in Settings > About. Will be available from version 88

Fabien

3. Do not activate the superposition bar when loading kml

In rally, I have to often load kml files, and in addtion often mappro is on one third of my screen, a 8' display.
    So when I load a new file or update one, the black superposition bar appears, and I need to close it.
    Is it possible to not activate this function by defaut and let the user to click on the button you have added ;
    Or create an option for activating or not this feature each time we load a kml file ?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Deactivate autozoom (option) when loading kml

When I am in rally, I need often to load kml files
    But I need to maintain the zoom as it was, and position as it was.
    May we have an option whith four values when loading kml files :
    - zoom and center (as it is now)
    - no zoom and center to begining of the kml
    - no zoom and center to end of the kml
    - no zoom and no center

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Thierry,
    This option actually exists but it is a bit hidden. You need to go to Menu > Overlays > Add GPX/KML/… files > Click your file in the list > Options > Zoom when opening.
    By default this option is on, just disable it and it will maintain the current zoom when you toggle this overlay.

Fabien

5. Activating a routes needs a "Working..." icon

Right now when I press Go to activate a route it takes about 20 seconds to see anything on the map happen with the route. At the top are the smallest dots that you can barely see moving across the top from left to right. This is probably the genius of Microsoft as their "Busy" or "Working" icons but it is very ineffective. Use your tools and give us a larger icon in the center of the screen so we know the execution of the route is happening!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Tried a few things to make it more obvious but depending on your configuration / screen size, some parts of the interface are hidden at times and hides the indicator, which defeats its purpose.

So, easy solution, the orange dots are now a lot bigger, you can’t miss them!

Will be available with update 89, available at the end of the week along with other new Maps Pro features

Fabien

6. make it a tool for professionals: upload csv files for addresses/contacts.

Business folks (e.g., outside sales, customer reps, etc.) use map software like MS Streets and Trips & MapPoint because you can upload hundreds/thousands of customer addresses, and then create routes with them. The problem with those software is that they don't play nicely with modern GPS connectivity. Your software works beautifully with modern GPS connectivity, making it an easy sell to the business folks - could you implement such a feature for address importation?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Georeferenced PDF

the ability to load georeferenced pdfs. i see that this was a closed topic but you still don't have the ability to load maps that you have made with esri arcmap and exported to pdf. this would be a nice option for those of us in the wildland fire world were we get new marked up maps everyday in PDF. currently the only program i have found that will do this is PDF Maps by Avenza and they currently only have a beta version for Windows.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Provide a settings option to force the screen to stay on while Maps Pro is running and connected to power.

Maps Pro should provide a settings option to force the screen to stay on while Maps Pro is running and the device is plugged into power (or not, optional)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello and thanks for leaving this feature request,

In the next update (v114), Maps Pro automatically prevents the screen from dimming when "follow me is activated (either just activated or when following a route

Thanks for your feedback!
    Fabien

9. Myself and others may find it useful for a "Check for Update" button on the Help screen.

Myself and others may find it useful for a "Check for Update" button on the Help screen.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Maps Pro can now check if updates are available for offline vector maps (see Help > Options > Scroll down).
    The Windows Store will show you updates if you are actually looking for Maps Pro updates (new versions of the app)

Fabien

10. US gov topo files

Allow downloading US gov topo files (like ExpertGPS does). This would be great for backpacking.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

USGS topo maps are now available in Maps Pro. In “Map Styles”, try ESRI topo or one of the CalTopo. The correspond to the USGS data.
    Just like other providers, Maps Pro will allow you to save these maps for offline use, by going to Offline > Download this map

Fabien

11. display in a quarter

and not only half and third

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Parameterized start

It would be great if you cloud start your app with parameters, e.g. with a URI which includes coordinates, zoom level and so on.

I would need that functionality to start the app right away with the needed information, out of another app.

What would be nice:
    Center to certain coordinates with a defined zoom level
    Start navigation between 2 sets of coordinates (maybe also route selection)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Marcel and thanks for this suggestion,

This is actually already possible, and this is actually how you Maps Pro can be used to show the location of one of your contacts in the “People” application that comes with Windows 8.
    All the options are documented here and are all supported by Maps Pro, including setting the map’s position and routing between 2 points:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/jj635237.aspx
    So if you have a link like:
    bingmaps:?cp=40.726966~-74.006076 /* Opens the Maps app centered over New York City */
    It will take you to any application that can consume this kind of URL. If you have more than one (if you have Maps and Maps Pro), Windows will prompt you with a list of “compatible apps”. The protocol is called “bingmaps” which is unfortunate but it will work with Maps Pro that implements this protocol. It should work

Tell me if you need more…

13. Export to GPX

To get Favorites in my GPS I have to copy paste the coordinates. A simple function to export all favorites to one GPX file should be very helpfull.
    Note: Openstreetmap in China is far from complete. So I use Gaode, but I cannot download Gaode maps into my GPS. So if I can easily transfer Favorites or better routes to my GPS it should be very helpfull

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  14. Add option to Keep Alive

Add 'Keep Alive' mode (periodically wakening the GPS and preventing sleep?) for online +offline modes. The idea is to allow continuous, uninterrupted tracking and navigation even when Tablet/Laptop times out to sleep.

[Received via email]

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hello and thanks for leaving this feature request,

In the next update (v114), Maps Pro automatically prevents the screen from dimming when "follow me is activated (either just activated or when following a route

Thanks for your feedback!
    Fabien

15. Add China maps

Please add 'http://ditu.google.cn/', because the normal google maps are blocked in China. An other China map: 'http://map.baidu.com/'
    (Gaode is also very good)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Well, i tried replacing any google basemap with their chinese counterpart and it works for all of them, also fixing the offsets that can be found in China because of government regulations.

I added an option called “Use ditu.google.cn (China only)” in version 64. I try to automatically detect if your PC is in chinese to have a nice default value for new users.

This issue might explain why I got so many people trying out Maps Pro in China but very little actually buying it, if the first impression was a blank map :)

Thanks for this suggestion, version 64 should be available in the next few days!

Fabien

16. Please add importfunction to Favorite

from external file formats like gpx, etc.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Change elevation from yards to feet

Feet is the common unit of measure for elevation in the United States. (1 yard=3 feet). Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Driver for GlobalSat BU 353 S4

Just to say THANKS.. your info and download and the instructions worked great on my Windows 10
    Thanks Again

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Too little instruction from the routing engine

routing engine too minimalist - there is too little instruction from the routing engine.

The routing is too brief, it'll tell you to "go through 5 roundabouts take the first exit", it doesn't repeat as you get nearer, it's all too abbreviated.

[Received via email]

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

Hello and thanks for sharing this suggestion,

Automatically timed repeats of turn by turn voice routing instructions have been added to the next update of Maps Pro (Version 109), it should be available in the next few days

Thanks again for your feedback!
    Fabien

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base