Skip to content

General

66 results found

1. Allow for Yellow Ballon points to be changed to different colors.

Allow for the yellow Balloon points to be changed to different colors.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Hello,

This feature has been completed. You can now change each favorite’s icon or change in bulk via the My favorites page.
    See our documentation for more explanations:
    https://mapspro.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1131406

Version 126 of Maps Pro is awaiting certification from Microsoft and should be available in less than 24 hours.

Again, thanks for voting for this suggestion and making Maps Pro better and better!
    Fabien

2. Automatic map Zoom and Repeat routing Instructions

Include an automatic zoom option. When selected, it zooms map based on detected speed. Include an option for automatically timed repeats of turn by turn voice routing instructions also based on detected speed.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hello and thanks for sharing this suggestion,

Automatically timed repeats of turn by turn voice routing instructions have been added to the next update of Maps Pro (Version 109), it should be available in the next few days

Thanks again for your feedback!
    Fabien

3. Driver for GlobalSat BU 353 S4

Just to say THANKS.. your info and download and the instructions worked great on my Windows 10
    Thanks Again

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Pushpins -

Pushpins - Add a whole selection of pushpins like those in Streets and trips. And the ability to import custom symbols for pushpins. I currently use this to categorize business contacts, etc

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello and thanks for voting for this suggestion.

This feature has been completed. You can now change each favorite’s icon or change in bulk via the My favorites page.
    See our documentation for more explanations:
    https://mapspro.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1131406

Version 126 of Maps Pro is awaiting certification from Microsoft and should be available in less than 24 hours.

Again, thanks for voting for this suggestion and making Maps Pro better and better!
    Fabien

5. more pines on map

In streets and trips I would look up garage sales in paper then pin them in map and use gps to follow us around to different sales but do not know how to put more the one pin at a time on map pro

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  6. Please add importfunction to Favorite

from external file formats like gpx, etc.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Configure Map Updates for Automatic Updates

It is simply not clear enough if the maps update automatically or not. We should not have to maintain a date of last update to determine if we must download a new map or not based on the date of the latest map. You should allow the software to determine if a map update is available and authorize an update or not.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add option to bypass the GPS Direct driver

This app has come a long way since I purchased it in 2014, and it has served me well - especially with offline gps navigation. What would make this app even better is to incorporate a built-in driver for accessing a USB gps device, in a similar way that Google Earth does. Perhaps make a new option like the for accessing a Bluetooth device.I've been having a bad experience with Windows 10 location service and the new GPS Complete driver.
    I know this won't happen overnight, but keep up the great work!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. usb gps capability

Just like Streets and Trips. USB Dongle GPS

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Do not activate the superposition bar when loading kml

In rally, I have to often load kml files, and in addtion often mappro is on one third of my screen, a 8' display.
    So when I load a new file or update one, the black superposition bar appears, and I need to close it.
    Is it possible to not activate this function by defaut and let the user to click on the button you have added ;
    Or create an option for activating or not this feature each time we load a kml file ?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Deactivate autozoom (option) when loading kml

When I am in rally, I need often to load kml files
    But I need to maintain the zoom as it was, and position as it was.
    May we have an option whith four values when loading kml files :
    - zoom and center (as it is now)
    - no zoom and center to begining of the kml
    - no zoom and center to end of the kml
    - no zoom and no center

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Thierry,
    This option actually exists but it is a bit hidden. You need to go to Menu > Overlays > Add GPX/KML/… files > Click your file in the list > Options > Zoom when opening.
    By default this option is on, just disable it and it will maintain the current zoom when you toggle this overlay.

Fabien

12. Need to be able to zoom closer than 300 meters.

I'm demoing Maps Pro for use while Quading. Using topo maps and tracks/waypoints from a field guide. The closest I can zoom in is 300 meters, but I really need at least 30 meters to see all the waypoints and add new waypoints reliably. Running on an Acer Iconia W4 tablet, I can zoom in closer using my fingers, but when I release my fingers, the zoom naps back to 300 meters. could you either enable closer zoom, or create a settable closest zoom?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hello,

I made a change in the next update. While 4UMaps only provide tile images until zoom 15, I now allow you to go to zoom 18 when 4UMaps is selected. When zoom is between 15 and 18, the map tile images are stretched, just like when you zoom in with your fingers.

The update will be available in a couple of days. To check if you have the update, go to Menu > Help > What’s new and changes for version 93 should say “Hotfix 12 August: 4UMaps map style can now be zoomed further for more details”

Fabien

13. Georeferenced PDF

the ability to load georeferenced pdfs. i see that this was a closed topic but you still don't have the ability to load maps that you have made with esri arcmap and exported to pdf. this would be a nice option for those of us in the wildland fire world were we get new marked up maps everyday in PDF. currently the only program i have found that will do this is PDF Maps by Avenza and they currently only have a beta version for Windows.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Not everyone is a programmer

Make set up so simple an old computer ignorant person can do it. We are not all sophisticated users.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. make it a tool for professionals: upload csv files for addresses/contacts.

Business folks (e.g., outside sales, customer reps, etc.) use map software like MS Streets and Trips & MapPoint because you can upload hundreds/thousands of customer addresses, and then create routes with them. The problem with those software is that they don't play nicely with modern GPS connectivity. Your software works beautifully with modern GPS connectivity, making it an easy sell to the business folks - could you implement such a feature for address importation?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Activating a routes needs a "Working..." icon

Right now when I press Go to activate a route it takes about 20 seconds to see anything on the map happen with the route. At the top are the smallest dots that you can barely see moving across the top from left to right. This is probably the genius of Microsoft as their "Busy" or "Working" icons but it is very ineffective. Use your tools and give us a larger icon in the center of the screen so we know the execution of the route is happening!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Tried a few things to make it more obvious but depending on your configuration / screen size, some parts of the interface are hidden at times and hides the indicator, which defeats its purpose.

So, easy solution, the orange dots are now a lot bigger, you can’t miss them!

Will be available with update 89, available at the end of the week along with other new Maps Pro features

Fabien

17. Street names need option for larger font size

The street names are too small to read while driving and looking at a tablet size map. We need an option for larger font sizes.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. How can I tell what version of Maps Pro I am using?

ALL window apps have their version number in the About display...except Maps Pro...it needs to be there...really.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hello,

The current version is displayed in Help > What’s new, with the list of the changes for that version.
    But I see your point (comment), so I also added it in Settings > About. Will be available from version 88

Fabien

19. When following a route, we need distances to go given in miles not yards! Yards is absolutely useless.

Why on earth would you give me distance to go in yards? This is a driving map and the units should be what you have selected (miles or kilos).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  20. Bottom swipe difficult on tablets - need on screen 'Menu' button.

I'm using a tablet and I find it difficult to get to the menu by swiping up from the bottom (using Win 8.1 OS) -- I usually have to do this 3 or 4 times. I'd like an option to put a 'Menu' button right below the + and - buttons so I can more easily display the menu when I'm driving. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,
    This feature will be available in version 88 that should be available next week.

You now have a button on the bottom-right corner with like an arrow up, that will open the bottom menu. Once the menu is opened, this button will be hidden as the menu will come over it.
    Tapping anywhere else on the map closes the menu.

There is also a “my position” button on top of it for ease of access

Fabien

← Previous 1 3 4

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base