Skip to content

General

66 results found

1. Provide a settings option to force the screen to stay on while Maps Pro is running and connected to power.

Maps Pro should provide a settings option to force the screen to stay on while Maps Pro is running and the device is plugged into power (or not, optional)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Hello and thanks for leaving this feature request,

In the next update (v114), Maps Pro automatically prevents the screen from dimming when "follow me is activated (either just activated or when following a route

Thanks for your feedback!
    Fabien

2. Allow 'Follow my position' while navigation is active

Keep the chosen zoom level, highlight the next waypoint but keep the focus on the current position.

At the moment it is not even possible to use 'follow my position' while the navigation is active as this option seems to be simply ignored.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Myself and others may find it useful for a "Check for Update" button on the Help screen.

Myself and others may find it useful for a "Check for Update" button on the Help screen.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Maps Pro can now check if updates are available for offline vector maps (see Help > Options > Scroll down).
    The Windows Store will show you updates if you are actually looking for Maps Pro updates (new versions of the app)

Fabien

4. Add a favorite by tapping on the map

I would like to be able to add a favorite when I tap on the map. It seems I can now only add a place I've searched for as a favorite.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

I recently made a change as a few users told me that they couldn’t get the blue marker to show up on their touchscreen. While I can’t reproduce this behaviour on my own touch screen, I added some thing that make a “long press” act like a tap and brings up the marker with the options such as add as a favorite

Fabien

5. US gov topo files

Allow downloading US gov topo files (like ExpertGPS does). This would be great for backpacking.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

USGS topo maps are now available in Maps Pro. In “Map Styles”, try ESRI topo or one of the CalTopo. The correspond to the USGS data.
    Just like other providers, Maps Pro will allow you to save these maps for offline use, by going to Offline > Download this map

Fabien

6. enable use of uk ordnance survey maps

There are several apps which use ordnance survey maps (online only) which give much better detail in rural areas

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. Font size

Please make the font size of names on the map configurable to make it easier to read the map while driving.+ and - buttons like the zoom buttons would be nice.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Intelligent waypoint switching

The switch to the next waypoint comes often too late.

For example when you're driving on a highway and should take the next exit.

The app will switch to the certain waypoint just in the moment when you're passing it.

I would suggest you that choose the waypoints depending on the speed and distance till reaching it.

A minimalistic routing pane would also be nice, just the direction arrows of the next 2 waypoints and the distance till reaching them.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hello and thanks for voting for this Maps Pro feature suggestion,

The routing informations have been completely reviewed and now shows the remaining distance until the last turn (with repetitions, as in "in 500m, in 200m, in 50m, etc.)

Hope you like it!
    Fabien

9. display in a quarter

and not only half and third

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Save Routes

Save rotes , trips.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I would like to see a GPS Log feature

I would like to record my trips and save them as Log files Showing Start time/date, End Time/Date, and total miles traveled. I would like to see the file saved with a map and a "trail of bread crumbs" ala Delorme Street Atlas, Saving the file as (any file name I want) I perfer the format [yymmddhhmm] [from] [to] This has saved my butt in the past doing it this way with delorme

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  12. 162 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone who voted for this feature request,

This is now by far the most requested feature for Maps Pro and I am glad to announce that it is available now!
    The update (version 120) has been accepted in the Windows Store and should be available to everyone

To enable map rotation you will need to tap a second time on the button in the bottom-right corner that locks on your position.
    So one press = lock on your position, second press = lock on your position + rotation.
    Another press (or move the map) and the maps can be moved freely.

If you experience any issues with this new feature, please email tickets@mapspro.uservoice.com

Thanks again for your patience and your feedback!
    Fabien

13. Georeferenced PDFs

Ability to import a Georeferenced PDF and have your lication shown on it at all times.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closing this suggestion as completed as Maps Pro is now able to display USGS data which was the main use of Georeferenced PDFs.
    Here is how to display USGS data within Maps Pro for Windows 8:
    https://mapspro.uservoice.com/forums/251570-general/suggestions/7028734-us-gov-topo-files
    USGS topo maps are now available in Maps Pro. In “Map Styles”, try ESRI topo or one of the CalTopo. The correspond to the USGS data.”

Fabien

14. Parameterized start

It would be great if you cloud start your app with parameters, e.g. with a URI which includes coordinates, zoom level and so on.

I would need that functionality to start the app right away with the needed information, out of another app.

What would be nice:
    Center to certain coordinates with a defined zoom level
    Start navigation between 2 sets of coordinates (maybe also route selection)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Marcel and thanks for this suggestion,

This is actually already possible, and this is actually how you Maps Pro can be used to show the location of one of your contacts in the “People” application that comes with Windows 8.
    All the options are documented here and are all supported by Maps Pro, including setting the map’s position and routing between 2 points:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/jj635237.aspx
    So if you have a link like:
    bingmaps:?cp=40.726966~-74.006076 /* Opens the Maps app centered over New York City */
    It will take you to any application that can consume this kind of URL. If you have more than one (if you have Maps and Maps Pro), Windows will prompt you with a list of “compatible apps”. The protocol is called “bingmaps” which is unfortunate but it will work with Maps Pro that implements this protocol. It should work

Tell me if you need more…

15. Export to GPX

To get Favorites in my GPS I have to copy paste the coordinates. A simple function to export all favorites to one GPX file should be very helpfull.
    Note: Openstreetmap in China is far from complete. So I use Gaode, but I cannot download Gaode maps into my GPS. So if I can easily transfer Favorites or better routes to my GPS it should be very helpfull

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  16. Add option to Keep Alive

Add 'Keep Alive' mode (periodically wakening the GPS and preventing sleep?) for online +offline modes. The idea is to allow continuous, uninterrupted tracking and navigation even when Tablet/Laptop times out to sleep.

[Received via email]

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hello and thanks for leaving this feature request,

In the next update (v114), Maps Pro automatically prevents the screen from dimming when "follow me is activated (either just activated or when following a route

Fabien

17. Add China maps

Please add 'http://ditu.google.cn/', because the normal google maps are blocked in China. An other China map: 'http://map.baidu.com/'
    (Gaode is also very good)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Well, i tried replacing any google basemap with their chinese counterpart and it works for all of them, also fixing the offsets that can be found in China because of government regulations.

I added an option called “Use ditu.google.cn (China only)” in version 64. I try to automatically detect if your PC is in chinese to have a nice default value for new users.

This issue might explain why I got so many people trying out Maps Pro in China but very little actually buying it, if the first impression was a blank map :)

Thanks for this suggestion, version 64 should be available in the next few days!

Fabien

18. Add support for Baidu for chinese users

Google Maps is used by default for search and directions in Maps Pro. Because of Chinese government regulations,

Google Maps services are not available in China and Baidu would be the best replacement for Chinese users

Also related to another suggestion: http://mapspro.uservoice.com/forums/251570-general/suggestions/6469910-add-china-maps

[Received via email]

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  19. Support KMZ format files

Add support KMZ (kml compressed format) files

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thanks for this suggestion,

KMZ support will be available in update 65 that should be out in a few days. It will support embedded images and GroundOverlays (only if they are not distorted nor rotated

Fabien

20. Organize Favorites in Folders o Directories/Search for favorites

It would be great if we are able to organize favorites in folders or directories and such, instead of having a very long list when looking for directions (e.g Folder "Friends' houses" and have each favorite in that one. Also, if it is posible to just type the name of the favorite place in the typing box for directions, instead of searching one by one...

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone and thanks for leaving this suggestion,

In the upcoming version of Maps Pro (v105), Favorites can now be organized in folders, with the hability to show/hide favorites and export them as GPX

Fabien

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base