Skip to content

General

119 results found

1. Hallo, missing some GPS informations, like On/Off and GPS Signal accuracy (meter / miles).

Hallo, missing some GPS informations, like On/Off and GPS Signal accuracy (meter / miles). For map selection, it will be better to see only

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Unified Set of User Instructions (User Guide)

I am a new user (one week). As far as I can tell, there is no Maps Pro User Guide or set of Instructions that a new user can use to "get up to speed" with this application. All I have found are scattered user notes, typically focused on a single feature, and a long list of updates.

It appears that the user is supposed to be able to "intuitively grasp how Maps Pro is intended to work. That may be an OK way to go, up to a point, but for the more subtle aspects of functionality, organized instructions…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add an drawing layer to the map

Offline maps are great on a surface 3. It would be great to have an offline, zoomable map that you could draw on with the pen, marking positions and writing notes, maybe include a method or organizing offline maps of areas as well. Imagine being able to download a topo of a lake or hiking trail, and being able to mark positions of fish or wildlife for example, with the pen. It would be like having a paper map! awesome feature!

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Direct Routing, grid mora, meridians and parallels

Hi,

Maps Pro is awesome. I am replacing my aviation en route VFR paper charts by it. It is that flexible. I do have a few ideas that would transform it from a great alternative to VFR paper charts to the perfect alternative. I will suggest them beginning with the ones I believe more important:

• Direct routing. Rather than fastest or shortest route, the route from A to B would be simply a straight line. Very, very simple. If you'd include some extra information like distance in nautical miles, and direction in true and magnetic north it would be perfect.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. direction in street view

It would be very helpful to be able to know direction in street view. A simple compass indicating north would work.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Save the route centrally (on my Windows account)

Save the route centrally (on my Windows account) and use it when
    - I am on the way with my tablet.
    or
    - I need it again some time later.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable use of maps from mapy.cz service

Enable use of maps from http://mapy.cz/ service - it's a great map service with few kind of maps for Czech and Slovakia.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. More informations when using waypoints in directions

How do i see the total trip mileage, point to point mileage? Trip summary?

When planning a trip, it is important to know the total distance and the
    mileage between stops to determine the best route.

[Received via email]

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  10. add offline access to Wikitravel contents

It would be nice to get the information from Wikitravel about cities and natural areas displayed. This would make Maps Pro a very good travel guide!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. Search multiple vector maps at once

When I search for a place in Germany, I have to specify which file (part) of Germany I want to search. It would be great if there was an option like "search full country" when you are not sure which file to use.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Level of detail for vector maps

It would be nice to be able to increase or decrease the level of details shown on the map

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Freeform search on downloaded data

When searching in downloaded data, you need to go through 3 different selections (city > street > buildings) and select something from what is suggested to get a good result.

I would be better to be able to search for a street with a freeform for search such as "425 W Randolph St, Chicago, IL", so that it is possible to just copy and paste the address in one single field

[Received via email]

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  14. Integration of contacts (outlook, hotmail, gmail etc.)

I have just a suggestion, it would be top to an option of integration of contacts (outlook, hotmail, gmail etc.) on the maps to help the professional to have a vision of their customer/prospect!

[Received via Windows 8 Store review]

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Bugs/Suggestions for an ergonomic application

I have just installed the application and I have detected some bugs/lack of functions:

1. when I resize the map while the navigation is started, the navigation mode stops automatically; I want to be able to hear the driving instructions while browsing the map.
    2. after I resize and move the map, having a destination set and road map menu on the left open, that menu keeps refreshing over and over again at the interval of 1 second. It's a little bit annoying.
    3. I want to be able to view the map in 3D or at least the map to be resized…
    1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. POI Catagory - Wineries

Add this to the POI categories the would display all of the wineries on the map display. This can be done in Google Maps by searching "wineries"

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  18. Simple geofencing to trigger voice alerts or activate SMS

As I drive to fetch my son, and am reaching the corner of Street X, I want the Maps Pro to alert me to SMS my son that I am already at that corner and to get ready for pickup in 3 mins. It can also be used to remind me to drop by somewhere or do a short detour when I reach a certain part of my journey etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  19. Change the color of imported GPX-Tracks

Currently if you import an .gpx-Track it is shown as a blue line. It would be great to have an option to change the color, thickness and transparency of that line.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Show boundaries of downloaded areas that are accessible while offline

When zooming around downloaded maps it would be really useful to be able to see which areas have what level of tile available. A simple box over the area containing a number for maximum level of detail would be sufficient.

What I noticed was that after downloading a high res map (level 17) of a small geographic area of the UK I could zoom out of the area and still see map coverage at a lower level, up to a certain point when there was subsequently no data available so we simply got the grey squares. Obviously, within the depicted…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base