- Built-in GPS / Wifi location / GPSDirect, including
- Tablets with internal GPS chipsets
- External GPS with the latest drivers which are recognized by the Windows Location Service (GNSS compatible devices)
- USB GPS via GPSDirect. See Guide: How to connect to a USB GPS (GlobalSat BU 353 S4)
- Bluetooth GPS
- USB GPS (only available in Windows 10). With this option, you don't need to run any external software such as GPSDirect.
If you have an Bluetooth GPS, you first need to make sure it is paired correctly with Windows. Then once you select "Bluetooth GPS", it should be listed and you will be able to connect to it.
Bluetooth GPS is mainly for devices that don't have a GPS chipset or that can't run the GPSDirect software (such as the Microsoft Surface RT). Maps Pro will read the GPS data directly from your Bluetooth device and retrieve your coordinates / speed / altitude.
Maps Pro is currently the only application in the Windows Store able to read and display GPS data coming from Bluetooth devices and USB devices!
If you need support concerning GPS support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org