Skip to content

General

66 results found

1. Don't place a blue pin when double clicking/tapping

I often double click to zoom in on the map, but in addition to zooming in there is a blue pin marking the location when it is not needed.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Done in version 57 (to be published).

When you click / tap on the map, you now have a nice ripple animation and the marker comes with a bounce animation. The blue marker is not added/moved anymore with double clicking/tapping

Fabien

2. Automatic map Zoom and Repeat routing Instructions

Include an automatic zoom option. When selected, it zooms map based on detected speed. Include an option for automatically timed repeats of turn by turn voice routing instructions also based on detected speed.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hello and thanks for sharing this suggestion,

Automatically timed repeats of turn by turn voice routing instructions have been added to the next update of Maps Pro (Version 109), it should be available in the next few days

Thanks again for your feedback!
    Fabien

3. more pines on map

In streets and trips I would look up garage sales in paper then pin them in map and use gps to follow us around to different sales but do not know how to put more the one pin at a time on map pro

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  4. Keep External Bluetooth GPS connected

When the external Bluetooth GPS is connected/tracking my location, and I minimize Maps Pro or switch to another app, when I come back to Maps Pro it is no longer tracking and I must reconnect.

Additionally, it would be great if the app could connect to external GPS when I start it up.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Zoomlevel and buttonsize

Show zoomlevel on map.

Increase size zoom buttons.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. TO / From list of directions section

to make it possible to choose from the " My favorite " list in the TO / From of directions section (and not only my position)

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Route tracing / recording (breadcrumbs)

Route tracing – by this I mean, if I have my Surface in the car with Maps Pro loaded, I`d like to be able to turn on route tracing and it would show me a particular route I have taken on my journey. Combine that with ability to add a quick pin would be awesome.

[Received via email]

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  8. Need to be able to zoom closer than 300 meters.

I'm demoing Maps Pro for use while Quading. Using topo maps and tracks/waypoints from a field guide. The closest I can zoom in is 300 meters, but I really need at least 30 meters to see all the waypoints and add new waypoints reliably. Running on an Acer Iconia W4 tablet, I can zoom in closer using my fingers, but when I release my fingers, the zoom naps back to 300 meters. could you either enable closer zoom, or create a settable closest zoom?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hello,

I made a change in the next update. While 4UMaps only provide tile images until zoom 15, I now allow you to go to zoom 18 when 4UMaps is selected. When zoom is between 15 and 18, the map tile images are stretched, just like when you zoom in with your fingers.

The update will be available in a couple of days. To check if you have the update, go to Menu > Help > What’s new and changes for version 93 should say “Hotfix 12 August: 4UMaps map style can now be zoomed further for more details”

Fabien

9. enable use of uk ordnance survey maps

There are several apps which use ordnance survey maps (online only) which give much better detail in rural areas

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  10. I would like to see a GPS Log feature

I would like to record my trips and save them as Log files Showing Start time/date, End Time/Date, and total miles traveled. I would like to see the file saved with a map and a "trail of bread crumbs" ala Delorme Street Atlas, Saving the file as (any file name I want) I perfer the format [yymmddhhmm] [from] [to] This has saved my butt in the past doing it this way with delorme

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. Implementing a location correction algrithm to get right location in China - China-specific issue

Chinese users or people coming to China with a GPS will always find that their GPS will not give the right location anymore. It typically has several hundred meters offset to right one.
    This issue is caused by China government special regulations. Luckily, the algorithm to correct this is public in internet.
    Could you please implement this?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  12. Being able to save the turn by turn direction

with calculated distance in meter between turns, with gps coordinates of each turn, and with indications, in a text format
    It will be useful for preparing rallye.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make Portuguese voice turn by turn

Create at least the voice turn by turn, Brazil and Portugal will apreciate

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  14. Enable add to favorite button after searching by coordinates

"add to favorite" and "directions" buttons are not showing after searching by coordinates (Latitude & Longitude).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Street names need option for larger font size

The street names are too small to read while driving and looking at a tablet size map. We need an option for larger font sizes.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Save Routes

Save rotes , trips.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add option to Keep Alive

Add 'Keep Alive' mode (periodically wakening the GPS and preventing sleep?) for online +offline modes. The idea is to allow continuous, uninterrupted tracking and navigation even when Tablet/Laptop times out to sleep.

[Received via email]

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hello and thanks for leaving this feature request,

In the next update (v114), Maps Pro automatically prevents the screen from dimming when "follow me is activated (either just activated or when following a route

Thanks for your feedback!
    Fabien

18. Add China maps

Please add 'http://ditu.google.cn/', because the normal google maps are blocked in China. An other China map: 'http://map.baidu.com/'
    (Gaode is also very good)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Well, i tried replacing any google basemap with their chinese counterpart and it works for all of them, also fixing the offsets that can be found in China because of government regulations.

I added an option called “Use ditu.google.cn (China only)” in version 64. I try to automatically detect if your PC is in chinese to have a nice default value for new users.

This issue might explain why I got so many people trying out Maps Pro in China but very little actually buying it, if the first impression was a blank map :)

Thanks for this suggestion, version 64 should be available in the next few days!

Fabien

19. Provide a settings option to force the screen to stay on while Maps Pro is running and connected to power.

Maps Pro should provide a settings option to force the screen to stay on while Maps Pro is running and the device is plugged into power (or not, optional)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello and thanks for leaving this feature request,

In the next update (v114), Maps Pro automatically prevents the screen from dimming when "follow me is activated (either just activated or when following a route

Thanks for your feedback!
    Fabien

20. Driver for GlobalSat BU 353 S4

Just to say THANKS.. your info and download and the instructions worked great on my Windows 10
    Thanks Again

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base